Monday, April 12, 2010

Why do they have to be so...

so....frustrating! Or maybe the word I'm looking for is heartbreaking.  Children. Teenagers to be specific.  Just when you think that you have finally accomplished the impossible -raised the perfect 16 year old- they go and do something ridiculous like demonstrate their very real sin nature.  AND have the audacity to act as if YOU are totally unreasonable and are the one with the issue. 


Ok, yes.  I have issues.  


However, MY issues are not the ones in the spotlight at the moment.  Then there's the whole, "but its not that big of a deal" shpeel and the "you don't see all the times I get it RIGHT, but you catch my the ONE time I get it WRONG!" and "I've been asking God for help BUT HE'S JUST NOT HELPING ME".  To which I relied, "do you suppose that He demonstrated His love for you by NOT ALLOWING YOU TO GET AWAY WITH THIS???"  *crickets*

My dad said it very well.  "You can't put an old head on young shoulders." That used to infuriate me when I was 16, but now it makes perfect sense.   

There really isn't anything else in this life that leaves me standing, hands dangling at my sides, head down and shoulders sagging than trying to raise up children to be godly young men and women.  I realize that doesn't sound like a parent that is trusting the Lord for their lives.  But it is precisely these times when I look to my Heavenly Father and lay these burdens at His ever capable feet.  


After all, he had to raise me didn't he? 

No comments:

Post a Comment