Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What care plan...

I am supposed to be working away on one right now.  But I am suddenly distracted and need a minute.

Its a funny thing to realize a dream. On one hand it is pure bliss. I mean, whoa, this is what I have been working for. On the other hand, it is so. so. so. hard. Wait, let me say it different. Its not hard like oh man I can't go on. Its hard like, oh man, my senses are assaulted and I'm exhausted. My life is not my own and I miss my family-even though they are about 50 ft from me in the other room.  As always, God is good.  He has guarded me from the enormity of the situation by allowing me to take in only parts at one time.  In the past 6 months I have started RN school, we have sold our house, uprooted our children from their home and moved to a completely new environment, Chad has planted a church, our oldest has gone away to college (all the way on the other coast), I left my job of 6 years and just yesterday our Emily passed her Driver's Ed class. Now, a permit test and another driver. Yeesh.

Life seems to swirl on about me.

I was reading in Mark 11 today and hearing Jesus tell me, "Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt it in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." So I pray for this faith. I pray that as my little family walks this road of change that Jesus will be our constant companion and best counselor. When the mountain of doubt and fear, discord and exhaustion, anxiety and frustration seems insurmountable I pray that He reminds each of us we have only believe in our hearts that what we ask will come to pass and boldly cast that mountain into the sea.  And I pray that for you too.

2 comments: