Friday, February 10, 2012

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!


This week was like coming home. I was nervous and hopeful, excited and fearful. The moment I took report from my RN I felt a sense of belonging.  It wasn’t like I had it all down pat or anything but it was a groove.  A feeling that confirmed again THIS is what my heart wants. All throughout the two days I had moments of sheer panic but they were teaching moments.  Honestly, I hope I never stop having those moments when my heart rate sky rockets and I have to stop and remember that these are souls I am tending, not just bodies.  Somebody loves them and they are in my charge. Sobering, but delightful. I walked away from clinicals feeling joy. Even though I had to hold my breath almost every second I was around my very smelly, but sweet, patient.  Even in the face of 6,000,000,000 things to learn and study.  Even though I have an exam on Tuesday looming. Even though I failed my med test. Even though….joy.

Thank you God for this privilege.  All I want to do is praise you. 

"...my cup overflows" Psalm 23:5

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you Min! Your patients are beyond blessed to have you. Love your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete