Wednesday, January 19, 2011

She's the wife of a preacher man...

*I wrote this right after Chad received liscensure in the PCA to preach.  Not sure why I didn't post it then.  I was, and am, so very proud of him.*

I know the song says something about being the son of a preacher man but I am claiming artistic license or whatever you call it. Probably, I should pay royalties. Still its true.  Today,  Im the wife of a preacher man. Sort of.  Though, its really no different than two days ago when he was still preaching, just not licensed  in our denomination.  Either way I am so proud of him.  He studied hard, tested well and answered boldly to all the questions he was asked.  I keep waiting for someone to say, "um, 'scuse me...Chad, your license is revoked until you get a handle on your wife!" Ha!

There's a measure of exposure that makes me feel... well, exposed.  There's no such thing as autonomy and forget sharing deep dark secrets with anyone. If that's how I feel how must Chad feel?!?  Reflecting on how God has prepared us for this time I can't help but acknowledge his perfect ingenuity.  Every circumstance has prepared my heart a little better and given me a broader perspective. He's always good that way.  I look forward to what God has in store for us and am confident he will equip me to do what seems utterly out of my skill set.

No comments:

Post a Comment